Wednesday, 7 February 2007

Stupid Computer Owners


Computers have been with us now for a long time. But idiots have been with us for a lot longer, and it seems they are getting no better at adapting to the latest technology: Stupid Computer Owners

What I want to know is, did these morons exist back when they invented the wheel?

Stupid Customer: Okay, I made my wheel but it won't move.
Advisor: What shape is it?
Stupid Customer: Square. Does that make a difference?

Or fire?

Stupid Customer: I've got a fire going but it won't cook my dinner.
Advisor: What meat are you trying to cook?
Stupid Customer: Meat? I have to supply my own meat? I'm taking this back to the shop.

5 comments:

Mary said...

Hey Richie!

This post is soo funny!

I got a large charge out of the customers at the link, too!

Trouble is, I can recall myself among those benighted people--and occasionally still get tripped up, asking a stupid-but-honest question and having to be gently guided to understanding.

It *does* feel so awful when it happens--as bad as discovering a typo after an e-mail has flown.

Mary

Richie said...

Mary: My particular favourite was:

Advisor: "Can you click on 'My Computer'?"

Customer: "I don't have your computer, just mine."

Priceless!

Don't feel bad about typos--they happen all the time, even to smart people. ;)

Scruffyhippo said...

depends on the typo Richie... I know someone that spelled 'can't' wrong in a chat room @@

Justin said...

Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richie said...

Scruffyhippo: Ow! That could be very nasty...