Wednesday, 10 January 2007

Stupid Accidents (1)


Did you know that in the year 2002, some 1,230 people were injured by leaves?

Could you believe that 431 poor buggers suffered poisoning while mowing the lawn? Or that a staggering 5,577,661 people were hurt while shopping?

And that was just in the U.K.

God knows how many innocent victims were mauled by dangerous leaves worldwide. And when I think of the size of the shops in the USA--it must be a complete massacre!

No, I'm not making any of these figures up. Go and see for yourselves. The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents has its work cut out trying to keep Britain safe.

Unfortunately, things aren't going too well as "...the number of injuries inflicted by vegetables remains unacceptably high, at 13,132".

Your grandmother was right; eat your greens. Before they eat you...

6 comments:

RobC said...

Well plants do defend themselves when overmunched by creating toxins in their leaves to stop being chewed on. :-)

Hulabelly said...

That's pretty funny. you were saying something about supporting my breasts?

Justin said...

Shoppping malls in America do maul people! My legs nearly broke off while I was waiting for my sister to finish shopping!!!

Conquer said...

It isn't cauliflower...it's KILLERflower!!

Michael-From-The-Future said...

!

AMAZING article Richie!
Truth is stranger than fiction isn't it : )

Richie said...

robc: Is that true? I do remember reading an article that said the plants can feel pain. Maybe they can also take revenge!

hulabelly: Er...I'm completely favour of them! Maybe I should stop talking now before I get into more trouble..!

Justin: Shopping malls are evil, evil places. You're right, they should be called shopping mauls instead!

conquer: LOL! Wish I'd thought of that one!

Michael: Truth is always stranger than fiction. If you put it in a book people wouldn't believe it!